Blog/Btrfs-progs v5.10 released
2021-01-31: Btrfs-progs v5.10 was released in January[edit | edit source]
A new version of btrfs-progs was released in January 2021. The full changelog can be found on the Btrfs wiki https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Changelog#By_version_.28btrfs-progs.29
Some of the notable changes were in scrub and filesystem usage outputs.
Scrub has improved status[edit | edit source]
Btrfs scrub now has improved status information.
- It will print the percentage of progress
- Allows specifying the unit for size.
# btrfs scrub status / UUID: 446d32cb-a6da-45f0-9246-1483ad3420e0 Scrub started: Sun Jan 31 10:14:06 2021 Status: running Duration: 0:00:10 Time left: 0:01:42 ETA: Sun Jan 31 10:15:59 2021 Total to scrub: 52.22GiB Bytes scrubbed: 4.62GiB (8.85%) Rate: 473.48MiB/s Error summary: no errors found
Btrfs filesystem usage now shows 'df' output[edit | edit source]
Now also shows free space from statfs (the same as 'df' command)
# btrfs fi us / Overall: Device size: 229.47GiB Device allocated: 73.06GiB Device unallocated: 156.41GiB Device missing: 0.00B Used: 52.22GiB Free (estimated): 167.76GiB (min: 89.56GiB) Free (statfs, df): 167.76GiB Data ratio: 1.00 Metadata ratio: 2.00 Global reserve: 233.92MiB (used: 0.00B) Multiple profiles: no Data,single: Size:59.00GiB, Used:47.64GiB (80.75%) /dev/sda3 59.00GiB Metadata,DUP: Size:7.00GiB, Used:2.29GiB (32.71%) /dev/sda3 14.00GiB System,DUP: Size:32.00MiB, Used:16.00KiB (0.05%) /dev/sda3 64.00MiB Unallocated: /dev/sda3 156.41GiB
Other changes[edit | edit source]
- convert: copy full 64 bit timestamp from ext4 if availalble
- add ability to repair extent item generation
- new option to remove leftovers from inode number cache (-o inode_cache)
- check for already running exclusive operation (balance, device add/...) when starting one
- preliminary json output support for 'device stats'
- subvolume set-default: id 0 correctly falls back to toplevel
- receive: align internal buffer to allow fast CRC calculation
- logical-resolve: distinguish -o subvol and bind mounts
- build: new dependency libmount
- doc fixes and updates
- new tests
- ci on gitlab temporarily disabled
- debugging output enhancements