Blog/Btrfs-progs v5.16 released
2022-01-21: Btrfs-progs v5.16 was released!
Btrfs-progs v5.16 was just released (12 Jan 2022). It is mostly a maintenance release matching the new Linux kernel 5.16. There is an ongoing work to transition the documentation from the kernel.org Btrfs wiki to https://btrfs.readthedocs.io. This should provide a much improved experience looking up Btrfs documentation.
- new subcommand clear-uuid-tree to fix failed mount due to bad uuid subvolume keys, caught by tree-checker
- fi du: skip inaccessible files
- prop: properly resolve to symlink targets
- send, receive: fix crash after parent subvolume lookup errors
- fix build on 5.12+ kernels due to changes in linux/kernel.h
- fix build on musl with old kernel headers
- error handling fixes, cleanups, refactoring
- extent tree v2 preparatory work
- lots of RST documentation updates (last release with asciidoc sources), https://btrfs.readthedocs.io