Btrfs-progs v6.6.2[edit | edit source]
Btrfs-progs v6.6.2 was released. Please don't use version 6.6 as it has a bug that can prevent multi-device filesystems from being mounted.
Official releases are available from https://github.com/kdave/btrfs-progs/releases and https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/kdave/btrfs-progs/
- squota: change key number of EXTENT_OWNER_REF_KEY, sync with kernel 6.7-rc1
- property set/get: completely skip char devices, trying to set properties and open /dev/watchdog* causes a reboot
- other: build warnings, test updates, documentation updates
Changes in v6.6 since 6.5.3:
- fix device scanning ioctl definition, accidental change to the 'forget' ioctl that breaks mounting multi-device filesystems
- new global option --dry-run, now implemented for 'subvolume delete'
- fi defrag: new option --step to defragment files in steps, report progress
- balance: removed support for obsolete short syntax 'btrfs balance /path'
- mkfs: print zone count for each device in the overview
- verify inline ref ordering
- deprecate --clear-space-cache, moved to the 'rescue' group
- rescue clear-space-cache: new command moved from 'btrfs check' implementing the same as option --clear-space-cache (to be deprecated and removed in the future)
- dump-tree: output sequence number for inline refs
- fi resize: fallback to lowest devid when 1 does not exist, previously the command would fail with "No such device"
- fi usage: fix "devices 0 != 1" message and broken output on multi-device filesystem
- open files in non-blocking mode when reading fsid, this could hang when trying to open fifo files or some special character devices, was observed with 'prop set/get'
- mkfs: parametric zone size for emulated zoned mode
- cleanups refactoring
- new and updated tests
- CI updates
- documentation updates
Static builds for aarch64 and x86_64[edit | edit source]
For more information about static builds, check out the dedicate wiki page Btrfs/Statically_built_btrfs-progs