Blog/Btrfs-progs v6.7 released
Btrfs-progs v6.7[edit | edit source]
Btrfs progs v6.7 was released yesterday.
The main change is perhaps that 4KiB sectorsize is default on all platforms, even if the platform's native page size is larger. On such systems, kernel 6.1 or newer is recommended as it has the required subpage support.
- mkfs: make 4k sectorsize default, recommended minimum kernel for that is 6.1 and requires subpage support on architectures with page size > 4k
- subvolume create: return correct error code when a target already exists
- tree-checker: dump tree block on error (btrfs-convert, ...)
- scrub limit: fix reporting of a limit set while there's none
- fi usage: fix reporting of unallocated data or raid56 profile without root privs due to lack of that information
- align data block group lengths to 64K
- fix conversion of a large filesystem when there are partial inode items present due to caching
- build fixes
- updated documentation
- new and updated tests
Static builds for aarch64 and x86_64[edit | edit source]
For more information about static builds, check out the dedicate wiki page Btrfs/Statically_built_btrfs-progs